Saturday, May 15, 2010

Vessels of the C’tan

Aha! I finished basing the rest of my Necron army! Yay! Too bad it is practically unplayable until I shell out the cash for a Monolith. For some reason, I just don't like the idea of shelling out that much money on what is essentially a plastic box. So I will wait a bit and then do it. Yeah.

Anyway. The basing is just GW Sand, Chaos Black basecoat, a heavy Adeptus Battlegrey drybrushing, light drybrush with Fortress Grey and fine highlights with Skull White. In reality, you could do without the Fortress Grey but I am going for an “Ash Waste” kind of theme with another army and I thought I’d practice on these guys. I am satisfied with the result but when basing the next army with this methid, I’ll go for a more mottled look and perhaps flick some Macharius Solar Orange on there, for embers.

Here are a couple of quick photos. First 40 Warriors and a Lord with the obligatory Ressurrection Orb and Warscythe.

Last, 6 Destroyers. I should get more.

No comments:

Post a Comment