Monday, May 24, 2010

The Immaterium spills over

Apparently, GW leaked pictures of the new Daemon wave. Here they are, with my comments.

Pics courtsey of Warseer.com. Go there for larger pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name: m1121227a_SeekersXL.jpg
Views: 949
Size: 85.1 KB
ID: 89792
Seekers of Slaanesh (Plastic). Finally. I like the Steeds but the riders seem rather un-dynamic. I will most likely be getting a whole bunch of these.

Click image for larger version

Name: m1121225a_ChangelingXL.jpg
Views: 877
Size: 71.2 KB
ID: 89791
The Changeling (Metal). This is actually a very nice model. This more or less complete the character lineup for Chaos Daemons. The only ones missing are the Named Greater Daemons and the Blue Scribes.

Click image for larger version

Name: m1121220a_BloodcrusherXL.jpg
Views: 984
Size: 93.3 KB
ID: 89789
Bloodcrusher (Plastic). Really great! The current metal model is cool, good looking but a little frail in some parts. Also, it is expensive and difficult to modify. All in all, plastic 'crushers is really, really neat. This is the star in the wave, in my opinion.

Click image for larger version

Name: m1121218a_KairosXL.jpg
Views: 1060
Size: 66.7 KB
ID: 89788
Fateweaver (Metal). Looks like a nice model but I still dont get why they released this. The standard Lord of Change comes with an extra head and it is a very easy conversion, in my opinion.

Click image for larger version

Name: m1121222a_HorrorsXL.jpg
Views: 924
Size: 92.9 KB
ID: 89790
Horrors (Plastic). Oh, boy. On the surface, plastic Horrors is a fantastic idea but this is not a good sculpt. I am hurrying out to buy the Diaz models, while supplies last. It is odd that all the great Diaz metals are getting replaced by inferior plastics.

Click image for larger version

Name: m1121229a_DaemonPrinceXL.jpg
Views: 1061
Size: 102.2 KB
ID: 89793
Daemon Prince (Plastic). Not a very good model, in my opinion. I'll reserve judgement until I see the sprues. I bet this is nice for conversions but I am unimpressed as it stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment