Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Unceasing vigil, eternal contempt

In the words of noble Farnsworth:”Good news everybody!”

I have secured the pistons for the left leg. Yay! I haven’t actually gotten them yet but I am confident that it won’t be long.

In other, but related news:
I peeled off the front of the sarcophagus and re-built the legs. I managed to shave a few centimeters off in the hip as well so he is less gangly now.

I have put supports in place for the shoulder-armor. I decided to not use the Space-Marine-like pauldron I made and instead go for something like a hybrid between a Titan carapace and pre-Heresy Terminator shoulderpads. I haven’t built them yet but they will start at the eagle and follow the shoulder curve towards the front.

I also gave him two Hunter-killer missiles. They are mounted on support-struts with eagle-heads,

The front of the sarcophagus is rather different from the previous one but I feel this one conveys the age and power of the Dread Commander better. He is encrusted in purity-seals, Iron Hands iconography and aquilas like you won’t believe. And I am just getting started!

Finally, he has gotten some armoring for the vital waist-pivot. I haven’t gotten around to putting bling on that but hooo-boy, it’ll be sweet. A bas-relief? A ton of purity-seals? Litanies of hatred and ontempt inscribed into the adamantium? Adds for sponsors? Who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment